View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 04:50 PM   #28
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

For a moment, Nahai looked slightly suprised. It wasn't often that anybody bothered to ask her to join them. But then again, these people didn't know who, or rather WHAT, she was. She smiled.

"Aye, I would," she said "Thank you." she added, remembering her manners.

"My name is Nahai, daughter of the Lady Silhinui," she continued, pushing a strand of red-gold hair behind her ear. "Pleased to meet you all." Her green eyes flicked momentarily from face to face before falling back to her plate of food. "I'm here searching for adventure..." Her gaze hardened for a split second as memories of her past flashed before her. "...Among other things." As quickly as it came, the anger in her emerald eyes melted away, and she smiled again.

"What brings you three to the Shire?" She had heard Lady Morwyn's recount of her adventures, but didn't want to say that she had been eavesdropping on their conversation, lest she offend them. Setting her ale down on the bar, she waited for them to reply.

Suddenly, Nahai's ears picked up a snip of conversation between the innkeeper Piosenniel and the blond storyteller. The elven woman had asked about shape-shifters. Nahai could tell Pio a thing or two about shape-changers that she probably wouldn't learn in any book, but that would mean she would risk revealing her identity. And Valar knows what might happen after that. Well, it would be interesting to hear what her loud friend had to say about their almost forgotten race. How would he describe them? As savages? Murderers? Inhuman monsters? She had heard those words describing her kind thousands of times before. She made a mental note to keep an ear on that conversation.

[ March 11, 2003: Message edited by: Maegaladiel ]