View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 08:50 PM   #31
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elwing stepped nervously into the Green Dragon Inn. She was known in her part of the Shire as the Horse-Maiden, because of her love for horses. She had never been to the Green Dragon before, and she was wary of the others in the inn.

A man brushed against her back, and she jerked, startled. She pulled her deep blue cloak further around herself and stepped up to the bar hesitantly. Ordering herself a drink, she took it to a nearby vacant table and sat down, still looking about warily. As she took a sip of her drink, a man stumbled up and said "I've never seen the likes of you around here before. Wot's your name?"

She answered, "I am Elwing, and..well, I come from a different part of the Shire. I-I have decided to come here and see how it is. I have never been in this part before."

The man looked at her suspiciously and nodded, saying "Well, you look alright. Stay out of trouble and you won't be bothered."

Elwing sat in thought for a few moments, wondering what the man meant by his last few words. She took another sip of her drink and called the bartender over to order a bite of cheese and bread. As she scanned the inn, she spotted another hobbit, this one a lad. He was also sitting alone. Wondering if she should go and have a chat with him, Elwing took a bite of her bread.

[ March 11, 2003: Message edited by: Horse-Maiden of the Shire ]