View Single Post
Old 03-12-2003, 04:20 PM   #40
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elwing fidgeted nervously, hesitating to answer. Why had she lied? It was a bad habit of hers. Whenever she was nervous or in the midst of strangers, she lied like there was no tomorrow.

"I-I'm terribly sorry, but I am from the Shire. From far off. You see, whenever I am nervous or among strangers, I start to lie. I am so sorry," she finished, twirling a strand of golden hair around her hobbit ear.

Ferri nodded. "I see. It's alright. Everyone gets nervous at times. But what are you doing way out here at the Green Dragon?"

"I was riding all day today, and I decided to rest up here before I began to journey back," Elwing replied, shifting her weight. Her bow peeked out from under her blue cloak. Ferri was taken aback by this. He asked, "You are an archer?"

Elwing sighed. "Yes...the only one in my part of the Shire. People look upon me as...well, 'eccentric' you might say. I stand alone in my archery. Are you a swordsman?"

"Aye," Ferri replied. Elwing nodded in approval and took another swig from her mug. Yet another young hobbit, this a lass, sitting alone by the fire caught her eye as well. Elwing motioned for Ferri to follow her, and made her way over to the hobbit.

"Excuse me, miss. But may we sit here as well?" Elwing asked, gesturing to the bench. She glanced at Ferri and waited for an answer.

[ March 12, 2003: Message edited by: Horse-Maiden of the Shire ]