View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 09:42 AM   #243
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

In a blur it all seemed done. The Hobbit Falco had saved the day, it wasn't the first time one of the Little Folk had done so and it surely wasn't going to be the last.

As Esgallhugwen turned to Lira a soft whisper came to her ear; Mellon, may the grace of the Valar protect and strengthen you. There eyes met for one brief moment, Eswen's still and sad, but Lira's gaze was filled with a light, she would finally be at peace.

She kissed Esgallhugwen on the brow and departed from the land of Middle- Earth to the Halls of Mandos.

They had found a stretcher in the back and gently lifted Lira onto it, they carried her out of the fortress and layed her on the cart that stood around the hill. Eswen led Morsereg up with the rest of the company.

When the large black horse saw the blonde Elf he whinnied mournfully and nuzzled her hand affectionately. Esgallhugwen sighed and pulled out the Elvish blanket from her saddle bag, the one she used to keep the wolf cub warm.

In a ceremonial manner she laid it down across her friend, the grey clouds that were once black drifted away and a beam of sunlight broke through making the silver and gold thread sewn into the blanket glisten.

The dark haired Elf mounted her horse and followed behind the wagon. Esgallhugwen barely spoke and had only done so when she introduced herself to Eodwine as politely as she good despite the pain that was eating away at her.

The loss of another one she cared about was almost to much to bear, ever since their first meeting at the Green Dragon Inn, Lira had been so kind despite Esgallhugwen's apparent unfriendliness.

She had tried so hard to heal the wounds within me, she believed that I still had goodness, she believed in the goodness of everything and everyone.

Esgallhugwen looked ahead of her but her eyes began to cloud.

Yes mellon, and now she can rest from all her toils, away from the pain that you feel you caused, but that is not so, be glad and cherish that memory of companionship, hold dear the fact that there is still hope for you!

There is still hope for me in any of this?

Of course, there is much you have yet to accomplish, do not be burdened by false guilt, remember the words of Lira.

She lowered her head and clenched her eyes, crystaline tears fell down her pale cheeks. Her grey eyes looked up to the clearing sky, a rainbow could be seen stretching across the hills.

The voice at first was low and barely audible except to Lumiel, then it began to grow first slowly, gaining strength. It soared over the hills like an eagle or a swan.

The voice was haunting and beautiful, singing in the Elvish tongue:

A Lament for Lira

~*~

Nairë an Lira

Lira Nen yassen si lei nórë?
Là andavë sé Eryn Lasgalen var vanima Ithilien
Lei dolce óma nira là na hlarë sé questi nórë ata

Mi ormë rauma mandë denominato lei
Ai! Quello lei hroa era rácina sé quello úro nómë
Quello lei Fëa era incarcerato mi ungo
Sé i mórnië i carnë rauco é venuto mal lei sfidato a lui

A! Elbereth Gilthoniel!
silvren penna miriel
o menel aglar elenath,
Gilthoniel, A! Elbereth!

Lei órë era silmë ar isilmë
Lei rinunciato ambar quando àra ortanë

Ràsa chiamate, ninquë falassë a laica campi
Tinda a laurë fiori ondeggiamento mi ëar hwesta
Lindo lindë di lúcë

Mai fare lei mírë hen na vaxë lacrimenen
Lei fare nyényë lá lillor nyérë sé firima nórë
Lá lil fare lei sentire i nwalya di anqualë

Sérë sé sacro Aman, melda Lira
Sérë si oallo i móta di Endor
Mi nórë di oira lómë

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-06-2004 at 02:07 AM.