View Single Post
Old 05-23-2002, 12:38 AM   #369
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

(Er, is this the Tolkien web site, or is it the one for Mutiny on the Bounty. I seem to be getting some things mixed up....)

Child seemed a bit distraught and quite ill, although she was attempting to conceal it. She groaned repeatedly and muttered: "It is gone forever, and now all is dark and empty." These words coming from her mouth sounded vaguely familiar to her mind, but she could not place their source.

Child dropped quietly out of all the festivities of the Party. Few people seemed to know or wanted to know about her deeds and adventures in this matter of Mithaden. Their attention was given to the more outgoing and articulate conspirators. C7A's eyes glazed over and focused on a distant point.

Birdland, seeing her enormous distress, came over to reassure Child that the missing REG would be found, and Mithadan would surely come to no harm.

Child turned fiercely on her. Missing REG? Mithadan? Do you think that is why I am this upset? (Sighs heavily.) It is my annotated copy of the Silm which I worked on so hard; it has taken me MONTHS to read that silly book. I could barely understand it. Now, you have locked up my only copy plus the notes in a barrel going nowhere. I can imagine what Mithadin will do when he discovers it!

She flounces away in apparent anger, then thinks better of it and turns to Birdland. By the way, you do know where that REG is, don't you? I mean a stray REG could be quite nasty. Birdland, why are you looking at me like that?

[ May 23, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]