View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 12:42 AM   #95
Maeglanthirion
Animated Skeleton

Maeglanthirion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maeglanthirion
Tolkien

I loved it at the battle before the black gate, Aragorn charged, then Merry and Pipping and there was this brief shot of Merry and Pippin charging and the rest were just standing there. I laughed. Then everyone started and the hobbits were overtaken . Gimli cracks me up. "Small chance of victory, almost certain death... what are we waiting for?" or something like that. And of course, Legolas slides all smooth off the mumakil thing and "That only counts as one!" <BR> I thought it was funny when Frodo wakes up at the end in bed, he says Gandalf in a strange way and his mouth doesn't quite move with the words. <BR> Oh yeah, a Gimli before the Paths of the Dead. "An elf will go where a dwarf will not? Oh I will never hear the end of it." <BR> And Pippin and Merry, two great characters. At Isengard, "We are sitting on the field of victory enjoying some well earned spoils" or something close to that. And then mentioning salted pork and suddenly Gimli is very intersted. Oh and when Pippin gets on Shadowfax with Gandalf and Merry gives him pipeweed and Merry looks at him a goes "You smoke to much Pippin."<BR> And yeah, Gollum floating in midair attacking no one was funny.
"I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails, and we break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. This day, we fight!..."
Maeglanthirion is offline   Reply With Quote