View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 12:50 AM   #1971
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Brinn's Lonely Nights

Obviously I don't have much in way of PMs, but I'll share my thoughts.

After Boro's reveal and the loss of my mates, there was no way I'd take any risks so the seer was my obvious choice. As I told Fea:
Quote:
Since my mates got double lynched, surely it'd only be fair to double kill Boromir and tp.

What, that's not allowed?

Very well. I'll just settle for Boromir then. No surprise there.
And of course, I also killed tp for obvious reasons. Having not to think about my kills made the first two Nights easier for me.

On Night 7, as I mentioned, I really thought I was gonna get lynched the following Day. There were times I considered Lommy, Nerwen, Greenie, or Kath for my kill, but I felt that anyone I killed would somehow be traced back to me. Plus being away on holiday, I didn't have much time to consider a kill. So I decided instead of being a boring wolf and killing someone, I'd just not kill at all. This is what I said to Fea:
Quote:
Hmm...my kill choices have been too predictable of late and since I might be a goner toMorrow, I want to keep this interesting. Can I strategically choose not to kill anyone? (Well, as long as you don't mention the whole strategic part in the narration...otherwise it'll destroy my whole purpose to create chaos. ) At such a critical time for a WW like me, I'd be amused to see what sort of reactions a no-kill would receive.
Let's just say Fea was rather amused by the idea too.

Rune was someone I really wanted to get out of the way. Even though he didn't end up voting me, I couldn't count on him not doing it again. I didn't want to give him another opportunity to lynch me. And the fact that he was regarded as fairly innocent made it convenient to me since his death wouldn't necessarily be traced back to me.

I had a long debate over killing Kath or Lommy. I felt more comfortable about having Lommy around...she had two other people she was suspecting and neither was me. While Kath stated she was inclined to think me innocent, she didn't seem to have strong opinions about the other players. I thought of the two, she'd be more likely to change her mind about me than Lommy. I did worry that by leaving Lommy alive, it could point to Nerwen's innocence...but then I remembered Greenie as the other possible lynch candidate, plus I could always argue the possibility that Nerwen was bluffing. I debated so much over this, I was late to the show of the Nutcracker I went to see right afterwards (though I can't say WW was only to blame as I also misread the showtimes...).

So there you have it. All the reasons behind the Nightly kills. As requested.