View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 11:57 AM   #97
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Modtryth

Modtryth and Rowenna had brought Saeryn to the women's tent and helped her to rest. Modtryth had sent Rowenna to fetch more water for Saeryn and some extra blankets and the younger woman had obeyed, quickly, silently and expression unreadable, as always.

Saeryn rested on the makeshift bed, looking pale and keeping her eyes closed.
"Saeryn?" Modtryth asked. "You are wounded, aren't you?"
"Yes..." she replied wearily. "My left side."
"I will have a look at it. Breathe calmly and move as little as possible."

Modtryth removed Saeryn's clothes a little, revealing an ugly wound.

"Is it bad?" Saeryn asked quietly.
"It has healed. But it looks like the wound is starting to fester... I would be reluctant to see to it myself, you need a proper healer, or at least someone with more knowledge about these things than me."

Modtryth's face was grave. She wondered who in the camp could have much more than the basic knowledge she had. She did not know where the healer woman Ædhel was.

She tried to smile. "What you need the most is rest, though, and that at least, we can give you immediately. You will be alright."

At that moment, Rowenna came back. She brought the blankets and a big pint full of water and laid both of them close to Saeryn's bed. Then she turned to Modtryth.

"Lord Eodwine enquires how our newest guest fares," she said.
"Tell him that she is not in great danger, but she needs Ædhel to see her. And if it eases his heart, you may tell him most of her weakness is probably due to exhaustion," Modtryth replied.

~*~

Cnebba

"I'm the chief," Garmund declared.
"No, I want to be the chief," Cnebba replied.
Garmund shot him an annoyed glance. "Well you can be the chief of the neighbouring tribe, then."
Cnebba eyed his friend a little suspiciously, but agreed.
"I am Bam-Dam-Bam, the greatest tracker there ever was!" Garmund said.
"I am Gong-Bong-Bong, the Orc-slayer and the greatest droogy warrior of all time," Cnebba decided.
Garmund looked a little annoyed. "I can also make pookeymen," he then said, "I'm the best pookeyman maker in Middle-Earth!"

The two Drûg-chiefs started as friends, but soon started quarreling as Bam-Dam-Bam's pookeyman attacked Gong-Bong-Bong and he killed it. (Although, Garmund claimed that pookeymen can't be killed.)

Then Cnebba saw Javan coming to their direction. "Ooh, an Orc!" he cried. "Let's ambush it!"
"Yes, let's hide in the tree like proper droogies do!"

The boys climbed to the small lone tree growing close to the camp.

"He's coming closer!" Cnebba whispered.
"Shh! Don't be so loud, he can hear us," Garmund replied very quietly.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 10-14-2008 at 09:45 AM.