View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 11:18 AM   #3216
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sixth Wizard View Post
Definitely those "fresh food and recipes to your door" delivery companies like HelloFresh (I think they have different ones in Europe and the USA). Anything that creates two kilos of cardboard and plastic waste per delivery, takes all the challenge and creativity out of cooking, and encourages people to spend less time shopping for food and more time working falls squarely in with the hypermodern industrial devilry of Orthanc and Barad-dur.
I never got the point of those. It's a lot cheaper and more practical to look up recipes yourself, if you don't know them, and buy products in the grocery store. I may not be quite ready to assign them to Mordor, but they always seemed too much like 10 Easy Ways To Swindle People. Bill Ferny, perhaps?