View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 02:52 AM   #93
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

Elen felt a searing pain in her left arm, it hung limply by her side. It had been hit by several rocks in the slide and she suspected it was dislocated. She felt her elbow and there was a gap where the bone should have been. It was dislocated. It was very heavy and it could not be lifted, it just hung. She released her hand from around her former elbow and took Nimroch’s reins. Elen couldn’t believe it, she would be useless now, what was the point of continuing . But when the she- elf asked if anyone was hurt she kept silent. She could ride with one arm and she would just have to wait until they made camp and then she would tell Andunériel otherwise she would be holding the company up. For now she would bare the pain and act as she always did.

The continued down the mountain path, which was getting more gentle.

“Elen are you hurt?” said a small voice.

She jumped, Elen had forgotten that Peony was sitting behind her. She had been so quiet, “ what makes you think that?” she said in a feeble attempt to drag her injured arm on to her lap.

Peony watched it swing back down and Elen cursed, “ that!” she said pointing at Elen’s arm.

“Yes well..”

“You should tell Andunériel, otherwise she will get cross.”

“I know but I will tell her when we make camp, I don’t want to be trouble!”

“You know there is no point being stubborn or trying to be a hero!”

“I know, I know…”