View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #308
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dick felt rather curious about Tollers’ coin, but he had no chance to question him about it. Gable had come near and offered it to him and Tollers and Colren had stood up. A few words passed and Tollers and Colren walked off with each other while Gable hurried quickly from the room. Dick shrugged and decided to leave him without questioning until later, at least.

“I wonder if that’s why he wanted to know where the dwarves were going to sleep tonight,” he murmured to himself as he walked through the common room. “A coin with a dwarven axe on it. . .very old, he said. I wonder where he got it?” He ‘hmmed’ to himself as he cast a quick eye over everyone to make sure nothing was needed.

He only half listened to the songs being sung as he walked quietly about, his mind drifting from one duty to the next and considering the happenings of the day. It had been a very long day. . .Dick welcomed these calmer, more thoughtful songs, melancholy and sad though they were. When Cir and Cir had first asked him if they could play for their keep, he had thought dancing and such, but now, the singing of old songs seemed more fit.

He stopped his progress when he heard the elvish song start. The music accompanying the two voices was more sad than the other two and though Dick didn’t understand the words, the language of the harp and the voices touched and pulled at his heart.

The last notes faded and a silence filled the room momentarily. Dick finally drew a great sigh and turned his eyes away from the performers. His once more glanced around and to his surprise, saw a young woman at the counter. She leaned on it slightly and her eyes, too, were fixed on the singers. Dick hurried forward and went around the counter just as talk was beginning again around the room.

“I’m so sorry. I hope you haven’t been waiting long. Can I help you?”