View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #400
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Silmaril

Nerwen's Helpful Hints For Newbies, Vol 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurcrist View Post
I will share what I am thinking about who is bad.

Baddies:
Phantom (just plain mean)
Eomer
Greenie
Okay... that's not sharing your thoughts, Gaurcrist. "Sharing your thoughts" would mean saying why you think those three are bad.

Now on to the next one:

Quote:
Well, maybe Phantom is bad. Well, you might say that I just want to lynch him to get back at him and, yes, maybe that is true, but also maybe he is actually a baddie.
Well, yes, maybe he is. This is Werewolf... sort of the whole point of the game is that anyone might be a baddie.

Quote:
he is acting like a baddie in order to make us think we should vote for him and then say, "Wait! He wouldn't act like a baddie!"
Why is he "acting like a baddie"? (This is not to say that I trust the phantom... you can just never tell whether he's evil or not.)

Quote:
, even if he isn't bad, it seems like he wanted people to die. Let's take a look at what he said.

Gaurcrist, the quote you give here ("So it turns out my instinct of not wanting to lynch Boro or Mith was right") has nothing– nothing at all– to do with your description of it. Can't you see that?

...And then you vote tp for saying he was glad he hadn't lynched a known innocent!

Look... you just can't vote people on grounds like that. It's a good way to get yourself lynched. Perhaps not this time around, but that's only because you're new and for meta-game reasons, like the fact that that wolf-cubs usually get advice from their elders, and that a wolf is unlikely to quit like you did.

Actually, though, you could still be LRC and have been turned last Night. Hmmn. I hadn't thought of that until just then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
She gave that quote from Morwen ("I am spent, I go with the sun"), and the story of Morwen's life is that she lost her children.
But– are you saying you noticed that at the time, phantom? And realized she was the Fair Maiden? I didn't.

Anyway.. the problem is that since both Boro and Mith were innocent, it's hard to learn much from the voting. At least not while we're in the dark about Izzy and Shasta.

I hesitate to say, "lynch one of them just to see"... but we would get information that way.

But there's also all the throwaway votes yesterDay. I think they'd bear looking at, particularly the late ones (Eomer for Shasta and Inziladun for Kath.)

EDIT:X'd since the phantom at #394.
EDIT2:Added quote.

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-23-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote