View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 11:57 AM   #338
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

"I'm from Buckland," said Posco, his voice very quiet but a hint of a smile upon his face. "My twin brother Blanco and I are here visiting our aunt... Marcho and Bingo came with us." He blushed when he realized how much he had said but spoke once again, asking, "Where are you from?" Oaf! She had already said she was from Bree. "I mean, what are you doing in Bywater?"

Blanco, standing in the crowd gathered about Falco's table, had put in throughout the story 'oohs' and 'aahs' where he thought appropriate. After all, that was what one was supposed to do when one was listening to a tale. He heard the dwarf singing his song, turned, applauded loudly, and directed his attention back to Falco. He struggled with his manners and tried not to stare at Ruby... he had never seen a lass make eyes so. Falco seemed to enjoy it, too. Hobbits could be just as odd as Big Folk sometimes.

Back at the other table Bingo turned his fair face to Toby and smiled, saying, "I see Posco didn't ask what race you were."

"Perhaps it is fairly obvious I'm a Hobbit," replied Toby. "Poor boy, he was very confused."

"Yes," said Bingo softly. "But he is a very kind hobbit. I love him dearly. I love all in our little company of four. Blanco is especially good to me, but Marcho watches after me the most, I think. You should have seen him when we were walking here in the rain." Bingo's eyes filled with sweet recollection. "I was cold and wet and my cloak was drenched though his was considerably dry. Marcho took his cloak off and gave it to me. He's a very true friend."