View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 07:28 PM   #9
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Well, address and name of my principle is not going to be given. Because, no offense Naz, but I can't get him in trouble that much. We have my mom and a couple other parents that are for it and hopefully will fight against it. And we have some teachers that are with us on this.

But my principle was the old administrator for Hiles Anderson College. {If anyone knows what that is.} If you don't, it is this VERY VERY strict college in some Eastern state of the US. We were scared when we heard he was coming. But yes, he is a little eccentric (sp?) on things like this.

And yes, I do go to a private school. But still, how dare they tell us we can't bring a book back to school!! It's against our rights. It's just fantasy. There is nothing wrong with it.

Oh, and last year, we were required to read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis for English class. Think about this...if they are banning a book because it has a little bit of magic in it, then we have to ban that book too. And that's just gay.

But anyway, wow. I did not know so many people would respond this quick! Thanks for all of the interest. But is my school seriously the only place on earth that has done this? Cause I'm starting to feel a little weird about it. OMG. THis is Horrible!!

Oh, and Helen, very good idea. I might just try that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote