View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #231
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It was a nightmarish situation. The Ulfing lords were standing by and they'd need to assure the elves of their treachery. Fastarr would never have had the courage to open his mouth in such a company but Embla's silent plea made him take a step towards Lachrandir. He was nervously fiddling about his belt when he finally came forwards.

"My lord... your highness..." Fastarr had trouble addressing Lachrandir correctly and felt even more nervous after making two clumsy efforts at that.

"There is a great evil afoot. My lord Khandr, he believes he's dead before this evening falls - and there is this old man, Thorn, who told he has been taught by the Eldar to listen to the Song who told it to him. I saved the old man from attack not more than an hour ago..." Fastarr was going to and fro in his mind thinking how much he should speak about the Ulfing's right there as the Ulfing lords were listening to his words. Finally he decided to try and arouse the elf's interest so that they could speak in some privacy.

"And there was this dream Embla had, with a vampire amongst us working for the Bauglir himself..." He didn't dare to wink to the elf for them to go aside for a moment as it would have been outrageous for a plain retainer to make such an eyecontact with him but his eyes pleaded the elf to take him and Embla somewhere the Ulfing-ears would not hear them.

He glanced at Embla and found her almost shaking. She clearly realised the graveness of the situation for them also. If the elves did not take them seriously they would have to run for their lives from the wrath of those Ulfings who were listening to their plea right now. For surely Embla and Fastarr would be the next game of theirs then.