View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 11:22 AM   #13
Rhun charioteer
Wight

Rhun charioteer has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I see what you did there.

I would put a caveat on that by saying that maybe the Nazgūl were especially terrifying to Men.

It was established that Legolas, and Elves in general, didn't display much fear of the Ringwraiths. Glorfindel charged the Witch-king himself and ran him out of the North. Dwarves? Who knows, although they were immune from becoming Wraiths.

The Nazgūl were 'living ghosts', and their horrible, unique status in Middle-earth was reflected in the hopeless wails they sounded, as well as the feel of dread that surrounded them. That fear and hopelessness, as 'stretched' extensions of Sauron's will that were prevented from release as long as Sauron endured, could have called to other Men's fea and caused them a terror beyond that endured by other races.
Wait where does it say dwarves were immune from becoming wraiths? I mean it makes sense given the whole dwarven feä but do you have a source on that?

Also on the original question I would say absolutely-Morgoth had every pawn and servant Sauron had and more except for the Nazgul really.
Rhun charioteer is offline   Reply With Quote