View Single Post
Old 09-17-2002, 01:55 PM   #16
GreyIstar
Wight

GreyIstar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It is the stuff dreams are made of. Ian McKellen said it best; "Its a fantasy, a fairytale. It never took place, except somewhere in our hearts."

What moves me is the fact that these characters still have faith that they will overcome even in the face of utter destruction. Hope when there is no hope.

In the movie I was moved by Gandalf dying, and Bormir too, but I think in that version the thing that moved me the most was at the end when Frodo is by the river thinking and he thinks "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had ever happened." And you hear Gandalf "So do all he see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All you can decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." That was it, that is the biggest thing.

I think when you go deep into the story it teaches life lessons on friendship, handling power and responsibility, and never losing hope.

"Dangerous!" cried Gandalf. "And so am I, very dangerous: more dangerous than anything you will ever meet, unless you are brought alive before the seat of the Dark Lord."
GreyIstar is offline   Reply With Quote