View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 07:49 AM   #68
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
You guys aren't getting it. I'm being frank.
Oh please don't... I have an ex-something-I-would-never-call-a-significant-other that was born being Frank and I'd very much prefer that you remain LMP...

On a serious note, please don't be impatient with me...

I understand that the dreams are real. That was never a problem for me. It's not a traditional dream so much as a medium through which a living story can be viewed. Am I right?

What worries me, it appears, is not that Roy is dreaming this, but how it will be revealed that he is. Will it be explained to the readers as clearly as it has been to us that this is all real, or will they walk away from the story feeling cheated of the reality they have let their imaginations create?

Please don't take my concern as lack of credit for your skill in storytelling, LMP, as it's not meant to be anything like it. I fully trust in your ability. I'm just trying to figure out how things have worked, are working, and will work. Didn't you know? I like to learn things.