View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 07:42 AM   #338
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
A hobbit came up. Elempi recognized Arry, and smiled.

The hobbit spoke. ‘Been good to write with you, sir,’ he said extending his hand. ‘Just wish there had been time for another opportunity to game together.’

Elempi shook the hobbits hand with pleasure. "I would have like that. I still wince when I think how I put words in your mouth that one time at the Green Dragon. Hope you can forgive me. I can get carried away, you know."

Before Arry could reply, a sudden shout arose.

"To the Bard!"

"Ode to the Bard! Ode to the Bard!" The chant arose, and caught on around the room. "Ode to the Bard!"

With ale and voices raised in song
We cheer the teller of tales along
and wait for the next tale to be borne--
Ode to the Bard! Ode to the Bard!

Not ale enough nor song have we
Forth to elempi sent in cheer
SO songs and many flagons of beer are
Owed to the Bard! Owed to the Bard!"

This was too much. Grinning, Elempi said, "Excuse me, Arry, I need a beer." With a grin and nod from Arry, Elempi and Raefindan made their way to the bar. Elempi asked for a tall frothy best of the house from Pio. Raefindan ordered a red ale. While he waited for the drink, Elempi looked around and saw off in the shadows both a young lady of pronouned writing skills (pardon the pun) and a lanky dark figure apparently trying to dramatically hide, and his eyes popped open. It was Valde Delego and Durelin! "I am going to have to have a chat with them before this is done!" he said to himself.

Pio set a tall one in front of him, and he took in a long pull of the smooth nectar.

"Not to mention, Raefindan, I must make the aquaintance of Oak, Beech, and Willow, shepherds of three of my favorite trees."

"By all means!" said his drinking partner.

A Dwarf bellied up to the bar and made quick work of his first one. Elempi recognized him. "Groin! Good to see you!"

The dwarf grunted his greeting which did not change his surly expression one iota, which Elempi figured was typical of Dwarves. He nodded his excuses and he and Raefindan strolled over to the Ents.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 06-13-2008 at 07:32 PM.