View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #355
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Suddenly Bęthberry heard the rain again, even if it was the cold wind dancing inside that awakened her in the first place. Nogrod slammed the door closed as soon as he was inside to keep the weather outside. It took a moment for the warmth of the hall to surround the people inside again.

Nogrod glanced around and nodded to everyone inside and then took off his soaked jacket and boots leaving them beside the door. After getting himself a goblet of warm wine spiced with honey, cardamon and cloves he took a free comfychair from near the fireplace and sat down. Slowly stirring the hot drink with a spoon and sniffing the flavour for a moment he finally met the few questioning eyes.

"Eh, yeah, I'm Nogrod, from up north... I thought..." he was quiet for a while like trying to find the right words to say what he meant to say.

"I'm Bęthberry, nice to meet you Nogrod", a woman welcomed him from the corner beside the fireplace.

"Oh, thank you." Nogrod answered gaining a few moments to formulate what he had in his mind.

"I was just thinking that maybe it was a high time for me to find company from here... I mean my little birds have just flown out from their nest and I've been quite curious as to how others feel about it..." He took a sip from the hot drink and gazed at the fire. "I mean is it usual to feel both empty and happy, is it usual to feel proud of what time does and betrayed by time at the same time?"