View Single Post
Old 06-22-2003, 08:54 AM   #19
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A tall and muscular man, clad in travelworn clothes with a cloak around him, entered the inn, and looked around. His gaze quickly swept over those he recognised as patrons, and ended on Aylwen, whom he guessed was either the owner or an employee.
"Are you the innkeeper here?"
He asked with a deep voice. Aylwen looked up from her work with the song and made an impression of the stranger.

"I am the assistent. Can I help you stranger? If you wish to be served, there are serving maids who can help you."
"I ain't here abou' food; I mean, not that I won't like any. Me name be Talan, I've travelled a bit here and there. I got here to the city, and I've heard a word that you'd be fancying someone here to make sure that people don't be doing something they shoudn't be doing. If you get what me meaning is."

Aylwen interpreted the stranger's words, and then nodded after making her decision.
"Ah yes, a doorguard to keep the patrons quiet when the ale has got to them. Do you think you have what it takes?"
"Well, I've was a street urchin, livin' in Dale for most of me life, so I know how to fight and how to scare others, so they don't jump at ya'. I promise to do me best to make sure nobody does anything you'd not want them doing."
"Yes, I think you could fulfill that very nicely. I will go and inform the innkeeper; she has the last word, after all, but I do not doubt that you are hired."

Talan stod, not knowing what to do when Aylwen rose and left her seat, but finally he sat down in a corner, and began eyeing the patrons in the tavern, taking his new job very serious.

[ June 23, 2003: Message edited by: Daniel Telcontar ]