View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 02:59 PM   #22
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye Again

Thank you Pio for posting my profile up the first time! I've squeaked in a few minutes before my Mom returns; here it is, edited a little bit:

1.)Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrowdowns?-YES, many

2.)How many RPG's on the Barrowdowns are you currently involved in?- NONE

3.)Have you ever posted at the Green Dragon Inn or The White Horse Inn- Yes, as Fëa
----------------------------------------

Whitfoot - child - male

Name: Crispin Penda Whitfoot

Race: Hobbit- Fallohide

Weapons: Crispin carries a homemade slingshot of rough sycamore that he whittled himself one summer. He keeps it in the inside breast pocket of his vest so that he can grab it quickly when hunting.

Appearance: Standing 3 foot 5 inches, Crispin is fairly tall and thin for his age. Many have called him a "spittin' image" of his father, boasting the same chestnut hair that falls in waves to his shoulders and slender build. Narrow cheekbones and moderately pale skin complement his bright gray eyes.

Personality/Strengths/Weakness: Crispin likes to explore and have fun, but he is serious and intense deep down. He is quiet and likes to be left alone while hunting or exploring. He has a great memory and often recalls things from his childhood that have long since been forgotten. Crispin also sometimes gets to caught up in nature to pay attention to things. He is never trusted with secrets; they almost always slip out- either accidentally or purposely.

History: Crispin is the oldest of two children. ((According to Melisil's post)) He and his family are very close; he and his father often venture into the forest to scout and hunt for days on end. Since Marcho and Blanco found the uninhabited land in the west, Crispin has always been desirous and eager to explore the new land.
~*~

I too am sorry I used the father in dialogue. I guess it was just kind of neccisary.

~*~

ArwenBaggins’ post

A lock of mahogany hair would not stay in place on Crispin's head. Pulling it gingerly from his gray eyes, he flung it haphazardly behind his ear. Another gust immediately blew it back; huffing in frustration, he shook his head and approached a short wooden podium standing perfectly straight in front of the community hall. Another Fallohide like himself had been talking for a few minutes now, but he was not paying any attention.

"…We will begin to settle the land to the west. We have lived among the Big People too long, and now we can have a land to call our own!" Crispin did not hear if Blanco had said anything after that. Excitement erupted and exposed its self in his slightly pale cheeks, turning them a rose hue.

Pushing himself through the crowd of murmuring hobbits a little more, he found the middle-aged man he was looking for sitting in the dirt off to the left side of the podium. "D'you 'ere? Some new land to the west of here, west o' the Baranduin! Papa! Papa!" Crispin dropped to his bare knees in the dust next to his father.

The man pulled his pipe from his mouth and blew out a puff of smoke. "Crispin, let Master Bolger speak. I know you're excited about this new land, and I am as excited as you are. Just try listen to the rest of the speech, and we will get more information," The boy snorted slightly in anger and settled into a comfortable position on his bottom.

"But Papa, I don' wanna listen to Mister Bolger any longer! Bree's too crowded; all those Big Folk take up too much room. Why don't we go now and beat the rush? I'm sure the land's real rich an' the water's real clean- why, we could have a whole new farm that's a lot bigger than the one we have now! It'll be so ni-," He was stopped by his father, who stood and leaned against the tree. Crispin knew the battle was over- his father had won and there was nothing he could do about it.

Picking up a nearby stick, he started drawing in the dirt. After what seemed like an eternity to Crispin, the meeting was over and his family was heading back to their home. Only two words were said on the return journey, and his father made them: "We're going."

Much to the relief and enjoyment of his mother and sibling, along with Crispin and his father, the Whitfoot family was going to the new land.

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-04-2004 at 03:06 PM.