View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 12:01 PM   #208
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Eorl of Rohan- It's not a "happily ever after sort of thing." We are simply writing and dealing with whatever happens. If Crystal or Atharen die then that's the way it will be. Just watch and keep an open mind. You may be surprised by the wonder of the pen, or the keyboard as we are all using at the present moment. A closed mind will make your character hostile towards the Crystal and Atharen. Being open minded is a virtue that many have a hard time possessing. Try conqeuring being closed minded, you may be thoroughly surprised my dear friend.

Everdawn-Of course it will not be simple as there is nothing simple in real life. I personally thank you for the compliment. I have been writing for a long time, since a wee child in fact. I am glad that my character has some depth and dimension.

Here is what I do when I write, I put myself in the character. I feel and think what my character would feel and think. Do not be the narrator, do not be outside the game, be the game. Be the person, feel the world. Imagine, being in this setting of swords, horses, and the like. 'Tis so much easier to write. Write from your heart and the words shall flow like a mighty river over a wonderous waterfall. The wonder of words should be a wonder. Feel it all, do not over think. Over thinking hurts the truth and pure ways of writing.

I hope that this helps everyone in their writings. It is what I have done all of my life. I find that it makes writing so much more of an adventure and a wonder. I also find that it makes you wonder and want more because you are unsure of how your character will react next. Be free my friends.

Until I come back online,

Crystal Heart-maiden of the pen