View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #38
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Personally speaking, the slower pace of the 'Downs is much preferable to me. It is a lot easier to keep up with what's going on in the community when the amount of new posts is moderate than when it's overheated. Indeed, overheated simply becomes too daunting to bother trying when life is, generally, on the busier side. In interests of full disclosure, it's true that I usually check in daily, but I typically just glance at new posts in threads I'm subscribed to, and possibly not all of them, and then a cursory glance through the "Active Topics" page, before checking out. Admittedly, on those rare, boring evenings when there simply isn't anything going on and I crave more meat, the quieter 'Downs is a bit of a disappointment, but by and large I agree with Mithadan that burnout is the chief result of too much action--especially as my generation of members has shifted into university and beyond, our involvement is much more likely if it continues at a stately pace than a full out flame war.