View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 03:03 AM   #14
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Well in the ROTK video game, if it is any clue.<P>*possible spoilers*<P>The ghosts/spectors/dead men that they have us fighting in the Paths of the dead look like the Ringwraiths when they are in the wraith world (pale, misty, floating). They also have us fight the King of the Dead (which I think all of this is rather incorrect bookwise), and he looks like the Ringwraiths in the wraith world, except he is in color and he kind of looks like a very old samurai warrior. But he floats, and we have to defeat him and then the mountain collapses, and we have to run (really fast I might say) to escape. <P>I hope the film does not come out this way though, because in the game it doesn't even seem like we go to the Paths of the Dead to get the Dead Army, it just seems like we go there as another test of Aragorns ability to rule.<P>*Another possible spolier*<P>Additionally you also have to fight Shelob, so we get a very good look at her. She comes at the very end of the second level for Frodo and Sam. She is very fast (there is this one part where she just runs around, and then she climbs on the walls and basiclally leaps crushing poor Sam), larger than Sam, but not too large. We do not get much detail in this part though because she is a poor graphic in the video compared to the one that will hopefully be used in the film. They also completely skip the part where Sam says goodbye to Frodo. They have Sam basically hide behind a rock and then Gorbag and Shagrat drag poor Frodo away