View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #9
Voronwë_the_Faithful
Pile O'Bones

Voronwë_the_Faithful has just left Hobbiton.
Hi gondowe!

I haven't examined the projects here in great detail yet, but they look very impressive. You all are looking at things from kind of the opposite side than I did. I didn't set out to create an expanded or complete Silmarillion, just to examine in detail exactly how the published version was created. Although I do express a number of opinions about what I thought should or should not have been included, and about the effect that some of the editorial decisions had on the final product. Some of those opinions are likely to prove to be (and in fact already have been proven to be) somewhat controversial.

Hopefully the book will continue to stay in stock, although as you have noted Amazon has seemed to have had difficulty in keeping up with the demand. If Amazon doesn't have it available when you are ready to buy it, you may want to check other sources such as Barnes & Noble. They have had in stock pretty consistently for a couple of months now (and they just increased their discount so that it almost matches Amazon's).
Voronwë_the_Faithful is offline   Reply With Quote