View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Intriguing choice, G55! It doesn't look too good for Huan and Beren, which is quite fitting, since both of them died in that fight; and the tiger has that crazy stare, just like Carcharoth driven mad by the Silmaril.
Interesting parallel, too: Both Tolkien and Rousseau were non-professional artists (one as a writer, the other as a painter) whose works breathe an atmosphere of dreamlike enchantment; both were ridiculed by academic critics during most of their lifetime, but were widely recognized and became very influential later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Edit: sorry, I can't post the actual image for some reason.
It took me quite a while to figure this out myself. Try this:
1. Right-click on the picture you'd like to post and select 'copy picture address' (or whatever it's called in English).
2. Go to your post window, click on the 'Insert Image' icon above the text box (the one that looks like a postcard of the pyramids, left of the 'Quote' Icon), and paste the URL of your pic into the pop-up window.
That worked for me.