View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 07:10 AM   #10
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiwendil
I did actually run a Middle-earth adventure using D&D rules once.
Actually I am currently running a ME adventure using D&D rules... from Christmas we had a little break, but it seems we're gonna resume the game on February 9th... But me & my players are trying to focus more on the roleplaying than to play in the typical line: *I go down the corridor - I attack the orc - I roll attack - I cast seven fireballs - I search the orc's body and take the Undead Bane Masterwork Mithral Vorpal Frost Great Sword Of The Archmagi +5*. I think it would be violating the Middle-Earth, and I couldn't look into the Professor's eyes with clear conscience. We are trying to keep the adventuring "realistic". My party is about 4th level and so far they have 9 adventures behind them, including their meeting in Greenhill county and hunt for an animal who stole a package which one of them was supposed to deliver to Old Took's birthday celebration, an adventure including problems with one Big Folk outlaw who happened to take shelter in the Shire's forests and caused small problems, journey to Buckland during the Fell Winter 1311 - ending with an epic wolf hunt, a forced journey through the Old Forest after being stranded on its southern end during an uncomfortable boat trip during 1312 spring floods, search for job and journey to Michel Delving and back again, and now they are outside the Shire on a typical treasure hunt because between Michel Delving mathoms they found a diary of one Took who happened to leave some "treasure" behind during his little trip to the Weather Hills. I have a website dedicated to the game, with the story summaries and many other things, but it is in Czech, so I don't think you'll enjoy it much.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote