View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 11:32 AM   #64
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

My, my, many of you sound like my own kids. They, too, claim they don't have much money. But please bear with me as I suggest the very ideas I put forth to them when they proclaim a lack of resources...

I know you do not have a credit card. I know that you do not have a chequeing account at the bank, only a savings account. But I do know that you have an allowance--an allowance which provides you with enough room to maneuvre to proportion the finances available to you. That allowance is intended to teach you how to make decisions about where you wish to spend money, about where you wish to show your values.

Could you forego buying another CD this weekend? or another action figure or Wargames LOTR set? Could you decide to put aide the money for a trip to the movies on Saturday night? Could you decide not to buy that new makeup or nailpolish set for the next month?

There are many ways my own children could support this site--and one of them posts here occasionally and the other discusses my posts with me before she posts at fanfic.net. Can you not find ways to save up even a few dollars to donate to a site which offers you such rewards?

Remember, it is not the amount which counts so much as it is the effort and desire to support the site. Please think creatively, outside the box, to consider how you can support the Downs.

And I truly do hope this post does not sound too 'mumish.'

Bęthberry