View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #112
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
I was going to suggest that we had forgotten that Sam existed entirely!!
Absolutely plausible, I think. Self-effacingly devoted to Mr Frodo as he is, he probably won't even mind being left out that much, but we shouldn't expect Rosie and Elanor to be as lenient with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
In keeping with Boromir's feeling about the Golden Wood, as corroborated by the Rohirrim generally, I think something of a "Midsummer Night's Dream" take might be appropriate. In that case, perhaps Galadriel should be modelled on Titania and Celeborn on Oberon?
I like this a lot. For maximal comedy, Gimli as Bottom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
In which case is Legolas a Puck who has gone along with our "human heroes" ? :-p
Nice idea, but wouldn't Brinn and the other Dale people at least have an idea who he is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Galadriel is of course a powerful witch, and all witches are bad. She tries to stop the fellowship
Not bad either, and like phantom already said, it fits her reputation in Gondor. Couldn't we combine this with Form's idea somehow? Like, I dont't know, maybe she isn't evil but tried to stop them because Celeborn/Oberon enchanted her to fall in love with Gimli/Bottom and she wanted to keep him, so the others had to break the spell somehow. But maybe this would over-complicate our plot?