View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 03:11 PM   #82
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman entered the stables, looking around for any sign of Vanwe. Sure enough, a few seconds later the sound of soft singing began again, accompanied by the rhythmic swish-swish of a broom on the stone floor.

"Morning, Vanwe."

The woman spun around, surprised, which surprised Aman as she was usually so alert. "Oh! Goodness me, you can move quietly!"

The woman of Rohan shrugged. "Horse trainer for the Rohirrim. Doesn't do to disturb the wild ones. Will you come in for some breakfast, and help me with a little something?"

Vanwe smiled. "I'm sure I could manage a bite. Can I..?" She motioned towards the floor.

"It'll wait, I'm sure."

Vanwe nodded. "Thankyou." Propping the broom against the wall, she and Aman walked together towards the Inn, quite slowly, revelling in the early morning light.

Aman grinned suddenly, unable to stop herself. "Have you see Derufin this morning?"

Vanwe suddenly seemed to freeze, although she kept walking and her smile remained, although it was a little fixed. "I...I have." She replied slowly.

Aman took in her expression change, but didn't say anything, carrying on, her smile wide as she shook her head. "Oh, he is a state!" She cleared her throat. "Thats, er, thats why I need you to help me with a little job. The attic needs to be cleared out, I'm afraid."

"Really?"

By Vanwe's mild tone, Aman could tell the elf certainly hadn't yet seen the attic. She debated telling her, then thought of how she would look when she saw it- probably like Aman herself had looked when Cami had first shown her into the decrepit storage space. She carried on in a weak tone. "Right. I mean, yes, yes it does. And...well, its at least a two or three person task."

"That big?"

Aman held open the door for Vanwe as they went inside. "I don't really know." She answered, truthfully.

OCC: Wooh, 2000th post, and in my favourite Inn!

[ June 10, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]