View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 04:49 AM   #100
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Léspheria and Eodwine spoke of her bother and Fawain's plight most of the morning. Eodwine had seemed surprised that she had remained behind, until she explained that although she was proficient with a sword, words and healing were her gifts.

Eodwine had quizzed her for every detail, this worried her a little, she knew the man was seeking adventure but this was not what she would call an adventure. After Eodwine had finished his breakfast he excused himself, saying that he would be leaving this morning.

"Your not planning to journey to Annúminas, now are you?" she asked showing her concern. Eodwine looked at her then smiling mischievously, he shook his head "No, off course not! Why, I would not wish to be the cause of more worry to you my dear lady", with that he gently took her hand, kissed it softly and bid her farewell.

"Quel fara" (Good Hunting) she whispered as he left, for something in her heart told her that if Annúminas was not his course then this man would surely enter the wilds to look for his adventure.

After Eodwine left she cleared up his empty breakfast dishes and took them to the kitchen for washing as she entered the kitchen she was surprised to find only cook there. The hobbit woman was busy baking and the delightful smell of bread baking in the stove filled the room. "Where is everyone?" she asked as she washed up the breakfast dishes.

Vinca jumped "Oh, my dear what are you thinking Making me jump like that!" she scolded. "The other's are busy helping miz Aman to clear the attic, They intend to turn it into a few more much needed rooms" she continued, before Léspheria had time to apologise.

Lespheria lightly skipped over to picked up her apron saying "Then I best get to work, we can't have the guests going thirsty now, can we!" she laughed. she heard Vinca chuckle as she left her to her baking.

As she filled a fresh pitcher she saw Aman, Vanwe, Cami, Buttercup and Ruby rummaging though tables full of dusty oddities, the three hobbit woman were delighting at the wonders that they found as they wiped the dust from various long forgotten items.

As she turned to serve the various patrons who's mugs were drained, Vinca burst though the door with a tray in her hand, "Oh, Léspheria my dear you couldn't take this over to the ladies, I must catch the bread before it burns" Smiling she nodded and took the tray from the flustered woman's hands, as soon as the tray was in her own hands Vinca bolted back through the door shouting her thanks as she left.

The tray held Five mugs and a large cold pitcher of Iced mint tea, a plate full of cooks famed honey cakes and Five warm damp clothes, presumably so the five woman could clean their dusty hands and faces before enjoying their refreshments.

She slowly walked up to the table careful not to trip on the things that lay strewn about the floor. The Five woman were so busy that they didn't mark her presence until they heard the mugs clink together as she set the tray on the nearest empty table.

"Refreshments!" she smiled trying hard to bite back the laugh that was threatening to escape her lips at the sight before her, the five woman were covered from head to toe in dust.

"Are we having fun?" she laughed as the ladies picked up the damp cloth's and wiped the dust from their grimy hands and faces.

The three Hobbit women nodded profusely, causing herself, Aman and Vanwe to burst into fits of laughter.

[ June 13, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]