View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 04:40 PM   #101
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

(OOC: Sorry, especially to Elora & Ealasaid, for the lateness of my post. I will recap the time from where my character was 'last night'through 'today.)
----------------------------------------------

Silvanis sat silently upon a grassy knoll with Blackveil grazing nearby as the sun sank to twilight, and in a trance he went. The cooler breeze of the summer night approaching felt good as he decided to sleep there in the grass, but when its westerly breath paused, the heat filled the air, bringing memory of the Southern dunes and the Oasis Inn...

From inside the Green Dragon, the faint sound of dance could be heard, and Silvanis turned to the woman he slipped the stone to. The stone will either fill her with fear or memory, and it was his hopes she would know that not all that was evil remained evil after the downfall. Yet it will puzzle her to no end to wonder why he slipped it to her. For it is unknown to her that her veiled countenence and figure reminded him of a dancer away south, and now he wondered if she did that dance even now inside the Inn. Maybe it was the wandering gaze she had, really calling no place home, much like he. Maybe it was the mystery of her glance....

Silvanis restrained himself from getting up and going in, for he had no room there this night, but contented himself in listing to the faint tinkle of finger cymbals and the varying intensity of the music through the night air. It was partially in thought, partially in dream that he started to drift when the sounds ended.

It was the words of the woman from the stable that brought him to, for the sound of the southern reaches was in her voice as well. It was rare indeed that there be two from the south here, and rarer still an elf with the accents! Silvanis stirred and his hand reached for the pouch he silently scooped up in the stables earlier. He let her se it, but he slid it back, seemingly unknowing it was her notes and collections in the pouch. She spoke of Blackveil, who was a bit on edge at the approach of the woman, but remained calm.

Yes, she is a faithful friend and we respect each other. She is wary of all but me, unless she feels a comfort, like with this stablemaster here who managed to give her this fine grooming.'

She went on about matters Silvanis knew not of, and it was not his business to meddle one way or another and so let the dice fall as they may.

'You owe me no debt m'lady. I will be here ere the sun rises.'

And she wandered off in the darkness, Silvanis drifting off with the sound of the Inn wafting outto the opening and closing door.... ting-ting-tek-a-tek-ting-tek-a-tek .... A voice, low and sweet, began to sing a melody that haunted his dreams, and though intense and strange his dreams that night, he awoke to the dark blueness of the clear morning skies above, with only the brightest stars struggling against the ever-approaching sun.

Silvanis saw Blackveil still contentedly grazing nearby, and as he stood she came over. Reaching into the small satchel she carried, he took a strip of jerky to chew. For he was not going to spend another meal at the Inn. The food was good, but one could become complacent there, and so he readied Blackveil to ride. 'Iffn they only had some of that Khandese coffee bean that was making waves in Gondor these days'.... the aroma would draw him in, but for tea... no.

A thought came over him right then... If he could gain the ear of the Innkeeper, he would ask if they would be interested in trying some when he returned from the south seasons from now? The possibillities of introducing the halflings to a fine exotic brew that was way better than the local fare.... A rare smile broke across his face as he managed thoughts of trade... some pipeweed to take there, some good coffee to bring back... ah yes!

Silvanis stopped in front of the Inn, and entered to gain a mug of morning shire coffee to take with him, and he wondered where the woman Vanwe wished to discuss with him the night before...

----------------------------------------------

(OOC: I will try to stay on top of the posts, but being away for a few daays or a week really gets one behind here.)