View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 03:49 PM   #65
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

"Now remember Pip: be polite and persuasive at the same time. We don't want to get our rumps kicked out of the house at the first word."

"No, sir, Mister Ardo. I'm pretty good at persuadin' folks to join a cause, and this isn't much different, if you take my meaning."

"Now go on and do business. Good luck, Pippin."

"Good luck to you also, sir."

Ardo drew a deep breath and gave a sharp rap on the door. From inside, there was a sound of scuffling feet and voices calling to each other. Get the door, you lump, before they leave!

I'm goin', I'm goin'!

There were also smaller voices laughing and talking, and the sound of little feet stomping about. Ardo smiled wryly. "Well, bless my buttons... I've got an entire family to talk this over with," he sighed to himself.

The hobbit who came to the door was about Ardo's age, with brown hair, and upon seeing the visitor gave a tired smile. "Why, hello there! What can I do for you, my good man?"
Ardo reached out to shake the hobbit's hand. "Good day and well-met! My name is Ardo Baggins; I'm of the Messengers from the Shire."
"Oh, deary me! That Shire? The one all the many 'obbits have settled recently?"
"That would be the only Shire I know of, Mr... ah, what did you say your name was?"
"My name is Goodbody, Mr. Baggins."

*The rest of this space reserved! My creative juices are running a bit dry for the moment, so pardon me.*