View Single Post
Old 09-11-2002, 10:42 PM   #71
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Perry shook his head and laughed at the antics of the crow, "If this is our ally, I hate to see what our enemy looks like. Well, Camlost, I think you need some lessons from a hobbit on proper ways of sneakin' up on things and makin' off with them so nobody sees!"

Camlost sat in the rafter and turned a jaundiced and superior eye on Perry. The hobbit had the strangest feeling that the creature seemed to think himself more like a dragon than a little bird. Perhaps in his dreams, or in another life!

Rose came to retrieve her ribbon. She inched forward towards the Rangers and turned about to slink away. Perry cleared his throat, "Well, Mistress Rose, I'd say you've been listening for a while. Perhaps you have heard some things that were never meant for your ears. But having heard them, I think you'd better understand what I'm saying. These old ways have been going on a long time, and I won't say anyone in particular is to blame. Certainly, not you or your dad, or evn your village. But maybe it's time for hobbits to think of themselves as hobbits, and not as three separate peoples. There's few of us enough as it is."

Perry turned now to Earendur. "I need to turn in for the night. Do you think it's safe to try the Inn, or would I be better off in the woods? I don't know any settled hobbit folk in these parts where I can get something softer than the ground."

"And what are your plans? I'll be heading after the Stoors going towards Bree to try and find out a little more. Plus, I'm hoping to see some of these messengers on the road as well. You're welcome to come along, or did you tell me you have business in another direction?"