View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 05:33 AM   #294
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
So, does no-one else think we may have an extra wolf on our hands now? That would be grim. Or am I missing something about the narrative?

The events of yesterday were overall rather confusing. I note that the Hunter only kills if her chosen villain was indeed a wolf (from the game rules). Valier obviously killed ordo Azaelia, but this was clearly to tie different threads of the game together. Azaelia, due to lack of involvement, had to perish. But if we consider it very likely that Valier did not choose to kill Azaelia, can we then suppose that Valier's top suspect is therefore not a wolf?

Also, a little bird has given me this idea, and I thought I'd throw it out there. The Mod has said something (slightly ambiguous) about dealing a blow to the side of those villagers who do not meet the requirements of the game -- in this case Azaelia. Being ordinary, is it possible that the Mod has punished Azaelia's side (the innocent villagers) and refused to condemn the Hunter's chosen werewolf?

I hadn't actually thought of that. However, if that were the case I think Farael may have been it due to his first statement today. It leads us all to believe that it was the ranger and not the cursed.

I had thought for sure it was the ranger based upon what was written but upon closer examination I'm not so sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom
but before it all the unmistakable ringing of a sword being drawn from its sheath.

After several minutes of clatter, a loud yelping was heard, as if some beast had been hurt. And then... silence.

As the dawn came, veiled and cool, the villagers emerged from their houses and were met with a surprise.

No one was missing.

"A victory has been had!" cried the voice outside the encompassing smokes.

"Nay!" answered the fog. "It is I who have had the victory this night."

"So say you!" returned the voice
The sword is what convinces me that the ranger helped...however reading the other part more closely than I did at first makes me wonder. It is very ambiguous on both. Either way, we still have some wolves to kill so I don't want to get too hung up on this, though if it is true that we have a new wolf that means that the ranger does not know an innocent as previously thought.