View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 08:48 AM   #46
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Toby was rather surprised by these responses, although perhaps he should not have been. It seemed that he had simply been listening to the wrong (and noisiest) people who had wanted to "get out of here in time for dinner" - like that Dwarf. Toby felt a momentary flash of irritation at himself for allowing himself to be so influenced.

"I suppose you're right," he allowed, nodding to the two who had spoken. He paused, not exactly sure how to proceed; he didn't know what they were up against any more than the rest of them; how were they supposed to fight it, then? "Well," he said slowly, thinking aloud. "We can't exactly go traipsing off into the wilderness just yet, but that's just as well, I suppose; maybe we ought not to put all our eggs in the same basket, so to speak. We might be wise to spend our time looking a little closer to home."

"You don't think... that some person could have done this?" someone asked.

"I don't know what to think," Toby retorted, "and if that was the case, I should feel awfully foolish tramping clear off to Chetwood and leaving the possibility unexplored. And we do have some time yet today."