View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 05:24 PM   #346
Lhundulinwen
Wight

Lhundulinwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lhundulinwen Send a message via MSN to Lhundulinwen Send a message via Yahoo to Lhundulinwen
Eye

I like Terry Brooks books too, though I really feel there are too many similarities between LOTR and the Sword of Shannara. Really loved it though!
I am also a myths and fables junkie. I love D' Aulaires's *double checks spelling* Book of Greek Myths. Beautiful drawings (perfect for beginner myth buffs!) and fabulous stories.
I used to be really into Harry Potter, but its gotten kinda *cough* juvenille for me. But I'll go and buy the 6th one when it comes out.
C.S. Lewis is awesome! I cried at the end of the Narnia series. Seriously. It was so beautiful.
LOTR official nut too. (couldn't be any others out there either. Right? )
Um, also love Robert Frost, Hemingway(even if he was *cough, cough* odd in life), & Jane Austen on occasion.
Started the Dune series, but I think I started on the wrong book, and I was really confused.
I am a book worm and will read just about anything, but am currently writing my own fantasy story, and am avoiding reading fantasy (though I love it!!) so I don't go and cheat the story subconsciously or blatantly.
My favorite TV shows are Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, *blushes*, Early Edition (Kyle Chandler starred. kinda old show now), Diagnosis Murder, anything on BBC, and almost all classic movies are game.
Quote:
"Eavesdropping Sir? I don't follow you, begging your pardon. There ain't no eaves at Bag End, and that's a fact."