View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 01:34 PM   #385
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

So after Mellonin had punched him the nose, torn his sister from him, she wanted Gwyllion to help her carry water. "Excuse me," he said, turnin his head and staring down his nose at her, "but I was talking to her. And, would you please leave us be."

Gwyllions forehead crinkled in a frown, and her mouth opened. Aeron sent her a warning glare which promptly made her shut it.

"But I need help," Mellonin protested.

Aeron stood up, and shook the hair out of his eyes. Her eyes were red with tears -- he had not cried of course -- and her cheeks were puffy. He glared at her. "So, you are strong enough to fight yet not to work. My isn't that convenient for you."

He could see Gwyllion cringe as Mellonin took a deep breath. Her eyes flashed and her fingers were beginning to clench. Then she buttoned up her limps and stomped away.

"Stupid, lazy, woman," Aeron muttered as he began to groom Grond.

"So what conversation were we having?" asked Gwyllion, smiling a little at him.

"I don't want you working with her. She's a....a...." he muttered something unintelligable.

"Aeron, I am sorry," said Gwyllion softly.

Aeron looked at her, her brown eyes so soft and sad. Why did she look at him like that? It was annoying, it made him feel as if he liked her again. "I'm still mad at you," he said, trying to frown.

"I thought that I was dead to you," said Gwyllion, winking.

Aeron scoffed. "You silly thing, Gwyllion."

"I still think that you could have been nicer, Aeron."

Of course she would get around to that. It was the typical female gentleness glimmering through her. "I told the truth."

"But --"

"Oh would you just come off it!" he shouted, punching her lightly on the shoulder.

"It?"

"I don't know, ask Raefindan." What was it referring to anyway? He shrugged. What did it matter. It stated his feelings exactly.