View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 08:17 AM   #50
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Welcome Gwathagor, Dim, Kath and Boromir88, we are so glad that ya'll could join! This is shaping out to be a merry band of players, ten already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Second, quick question, would it be alright if my character was a messenger from Erebor? I know there was contact between the two places, and it stopped, but I'm not sure if there was an exact date given of when contact between Erebor and Moria stopped...just wondering.
This is a splendid idea. Over twenty years had elapsed before Gandalf and the Fellowship traveled through Khazad-dum, so we could take the point of view that somewhere within those twenty years the attempts at communication had ceased. You may feel free to have your character Boromir88.

The wheels are turning in my head, this could give the defenders the false hope that Dain might come to their rescue. Oh this is thrilling!

Lilly, Lommy and I have made our first sin against Tolkien and went along and purposely ignored that very explicit detail simply because it would be rather uncomfortable to have women with beards.

OK, here's the set up for how the game will begin. It is recorded that Balin was killed standing next to Mirrormere by an Orc archer. The game will start at Balin's death, a small group of his most trusty subjects will be standing a short distance away and will witness his death and the coming of an army of Orcs up the Silverlode.

Everyone elses charcters will be within Khazad-dum itself when the news of an attack has been spread. This will mean that Ori, Oin and Tror will definately be with Balin when he dies. I'm not sure if Frar will be with him, seeing that he's merely a great warrior (ya, only a great warrior), and if Boromir88's character has arrived a couple days before that day he might also be with the group. Although it would be thrilling to have Boro's character just escaping the clutches of the Orcs.