View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 05:32 AM   #2249
Raewyn

Ring Hi everybody

Hello to you all.
My name is Sabrina, I'm Italian, from Roma so, please forgive me if my English is not perfect...

I'm more than a movie fan, I'm a "movie nuts", even if I don't follow the up to date fashon. I'm sure fond of Peter Jackson thrilogy. In these last few weeks I also purchased the whole extended editions and I'm devouring them.

But I realized that I'm not as skilled as I "needed" to be in LOTR matter, well... to make the long story short: I'm reading The Lord of the rings in original language and I'm finding it absolutely astonishing...

When I finish work at night - I'm a musician and I perform every evening but sunday - I find myself looking forward to going back home to "open that door" and drown myself into Tolkien's world... It seems perfectly real, a piece of history.
Even if sometimes I cannot understand some terms, most of all the ones dealing with nature description, his powerful narrative strenght overcomes my lack of terms... and straight reaches my heart, my human ability of "making " images from reading... and I suddenly find myself inside the book, inside the story...

I think he's not only a writer... he's a painter... with a few brush touches he makes me imagining a whole world...
Forgive my "overlined" enthusiasm. I'm sure that some or many of you, skilled in Tolkien's matter, could find my say a bit silly, but to me, this is a new world and it's incredible the range of emotion I feel while reading it...

A little piece of news: last evening, while I was on my break, I was outside smoking a cigarette and met a usual customer from England who lives in the countryside. We started talking about Tolkien and he told me that when he was 17, (now he's 55sh) his family was short of money, so they rented rooms and once Tolkien's grand daughter stayed in his house for a while , and she was so nice to present him with "The hobbit" autographed by Tolkien himself!!!!
He still has this precious book in his house and saves it gelously.

Have a great day you all, I'm going back to read...
xxx, Sabry