View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:39 AM   #34
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Now Lommy's post seems the most calming I have seen here, also with the most substance. While I appreciate Rikae's activity, her list of people I don't really consider to be much helpful for us. Or: not at the moment. When we lynch a wolf, or when we lynch Rikae and learn that she was a wolf, then these views of other people can be really helpful. But this far, Lommy's post seems nice, and worth considering, it seems to give hope, though of course she might be a wolf and in that case it's a dead end track. The other post I nominate as good one, as I said, is Brinniel's. How to explain the contradictions between them is left to the good old "different villagers' personalities" thing. In fact, I like that - reminds me of "polemic inside the canon", which is quite reassuring. "Where there is not strife, there is only stagnation" (that's not a good life motto, but it works in WW very well, I believe).

So you see, this does not make too much of a conclusion, but at least something, I hope. Now I also looked back at Valier's post and let me say only that she seems a little getting close to the contradicting - herself edge. I must say I will keep an eye out and hopefully she appears yet (from what she says it seems she will).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote