View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 06:30 PM   #207
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Lé Crossroads

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Scene: The unholy trinity are walking in a dense brushwood.

Sam: It must be getting near teatime. Please be near teatime...

Fro: Sam, we don't have any tea.

Sam: Well, it would be near teatime, if we were in decent places.

Gollum: Silly hobbit! We're not in decent places. Sméagol doesn't even have decent underwearses.

*Suddenly, Frodo stops in his tracks*

Sam: Mr. Frodo? What is it?

Fro: I'm hopelessly traveling to Mordor with a short, fat hairy man and a frog who doesn't wear underwear to destroy a small metal bauble. It's just a feeling, but I don't think I'll be coming back.

Sam: Don't be ridiculous! That's just morbid thinking, and won't do you any good at all. We'll be there and back again, just like old Mr. Bilbo. Did you like how I inserted a book reference into my speech just there, Mr. Frodo? I could do it again. Short cuts make long delays, but Mordor makes longer ones! Forgive the paraphrasing there, but I thought a bit of brevity might lighten the mood a tad...

Statue: Shut up!

Sam: Whoa! A talking statue!

Fro: Yeah. Wow. *he hides his "Learn Ventriloquism in Five Easy Steps!" book*

*The statue is not a pretty thing anymore. Where once a grand head stood, now stood a football emblazoned with the words "Go REd sOx"*

Fro: I think these lands were once part of the Kingdom of Gondor. Long ago when there was a king.

Sam: Really? Where did you learn that?

Fro: Oh, for fun I listened once to one of Gandalf's long discourses. Heehee...garter belts...

Sam: Hey, look! The original head of the statue! It must be a priceless relic. I wonder if we could carry it...

Fro: No!

Sam: But it would fetch such a price...

Fro: No!

Sam: *grump*

Statue Head: Hey, look! I've got a crown again!

Sam: Whoa! The head talks too!

Fro*staring*: Wow. Yeah.

Sam: They cannot conquer for ever.

Fro: Hey, that wasn't in the script.

Sam: I KNOW. ( PJ!)

Gollum: COME ON HOBBITS! It's this way, there's a clear path, COME ON!!!! *grumble* Do I have to drag you two? I thought you were in some sort of a hurry or something...*muttermutter*

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

The next scene would be Pippin and Gandalf discussing "The Deep Breath Before The Plunge", Pippin being sent to light the beacons, and the beginning of the battle in Osgiliath.

Last edited by Oddwen; 02-08-2005 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Added something...
Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote