View Single Post
Old 12-05-2003, 10:56 AM   #325
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Sorry to interupt any current conversation, but:<BR>Fairly local channel had a prime-time show on last night on the making of ROTK. Most of the stuff I already knew from the books and here, but they had live actor interviews, they followed actors around on their daily erands and everything. It was good fun.<P>They talked a bit with the kiwi's playing orcs. They had a very fake looking battle scene with blue screen, after all the chaos someone yelled out "30 minute lunch" and they showed how orcs eat lunch. Some of them didn't ever take off their masks, but shoved food into their mouths. They showed one orc singing and playing "Sunshine lolipops and rainbows" on his sword(most amusing) and then they followed Viggo on a secret errand to get something from a convinience store IN HIS COSTUME! The clerk laughed. They were at a hobbit(including gollum) actor's party. They talked to Sean A. and how he had to put on 40 pounds for the role. Andy Serkis told how he modeled his gollum voice after his cat. Funny Part: They interviewed Orlando and he explained how his character was the quiet guy and always had some facial expression to share. He did a few and looked rediculous because he wasn't in his wig. <P>They mostly had footage from the first and second movies, but some ROTK stuff did get in. Like pippin with Gandalf in Minas Tirith. Plus at the end of the show, they showed a short scene of Arwen talking to Elrond. He takes her hand and says "Your hands are cold, the gifts of the Eldar are leaving you." and then she says something about her choice and stuff, "There is no ship now that would bare me hence." she said. I guess the scene is a spoiler for those of the audience who don't know what will happen. Didn't bug me too much though. All around, it was a good show. They interviewed everyone, but mostly PJ and Sir Ian Mckellen, who had alot to say about his twinkling eyes.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote