View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 09:35 AM   #586
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
But wouldn't this tip the balance the other way? Three Villagers who know each other to be innocent, can discuss their thoughts and have other special abilities which they can co-ordinate seems to be giving the Villagers too much power. If the Seer was to identify a Werewolf early on, the Hunter would be guaranteed a Werewolf kill when he or she dies, which rather takes half the fun out of it.

I prefer the idea of two separate players being the Masons/Elf-friends/Twins, since this will provide some benefit to the Villlagers, but not enough to tip the balance against the Werewolves. It will also give a greater number of players an additional role, which I see as a plus.
I agree plus with the guardian knowing who the seer is puts the seer at substantially less risk. There needs to be that risk to make it interesting.