View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #407
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Erbrand smiled at the explanation. It was only right that Eodwine should be married, it would bring him much more respect and order besides brightening up his day to day life. Both were gentle and kind and for what one may lack the other would more than make up for.

"Yes it is good news! Tomorrow will be a new day for the Scarburg, and a happier one at that. Yet only one thing could make me happier..."

Erbrand was cut off by elevated voice of Lithor. The soldier had been whispering into the eorl’s ear and had just gotten the approval for the conclusion of the games.

“Ladies, gentlemen quiet down,” he began, seeing as his first attempt had gone unheard. “We are all very glad at out lord, and his soon to be, wife’s decision, but there is unfinished business to attend to: the sword fights must be fought!” There were more cheers that drowned Lithor out again; he stood there shouting until he calmed most of the people down. “I apologize if I am seeming hasty, but I am sure that we all are looking forward to the wedding and the sooner we get this done the better...” again the crowd drowned Lithor out and he started motioning with his arms and shouting for everyone to remain silent, but it was no use. The crowd began to shift back towards the fighting grounds, and Lithor threw up his arms and took off after them.

The day was becoming so dark that Erbrand was almost certain that this last game would be forfeited. He began to shift around with the crowd until he realized that Kara was still waiting for him to continue his unfinished thought. Erbrand realized his mistake and jumped back through the crowd back to Kara.

“Kara!” He said half laughing at himself. “With the wedding tonight there will be dancing, and I was wondering if... well, if you have promised the first dance to anyone?”