Thread: Durin's Folk
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 06:57 AM   #3
ArcusCalion
Quentingolmo

ArcusCalion has just left Hobbiton.
DF-SL-1.5: I would change 'Among whom' to 'Among these' because as it is, it is not a sentence. This works fine for a footnote, but not as a sentence in the main body of the work. The rest is great, and a much better placement than I had.

DF-SL-02.2 to 03b: It's funny, I had included this information in this chapter at the end, but then I moved it to The Stewards, which is the second to last chapter. However, I think it does work here, so I agree to its being used. There is one more relevant addition, and I would also edit it somewhat differently:
Quote:
DF-SL-02.1 <Appendix A It was in the days of Beregond that the War of the Dwarves and Orcs was fought in the Misty Mountains (2793-9), of which only rumor came south, until the Orcs fleeing from Nanduhirion attempted to cross Rohan and establish themselves in the White Mountains. There was fighting for many years in the dales before that danger was ended.>
DF-SL-02.2 <Appendix A
After Fréaláf died, Brytta became King of Rohan. He was called by his people Léofa, for he was loved by all; he was openhanded and a help to all the needy. In his time {there was war with}the Orcs {that}, driven from the North, sought refuges in the White Mountains. DF-SL-02.3 <based on HoMe 12; HoE; The House of Dol Amroth /The fifteenth Lord of Dol Amroth was/ {‘}slain in battle {‘ the first has ‘Battle} with Orcs{‘}.> When {he}Brytta died it was thought that they had all been hunted out; but it was not so.>
DF-SL-02.5 <Appendix A Walda {He}his son was king only nine years. He was slain with all his companions when they were trapped by Orcs, as they rode by mountain-paths from Dunharrow.> DF-SL-02.6 <Appendix A Folca {He}after him was a great hunter, but he vowed to chase no wild beast while there was an Orc left in Rohan. When the last orc-hold was found and destroyed, he went to hunt the great boar of Everholt in the Firien Wood. He slew the boar but died of the tusk-wounds that it gave him.>
I think the Beregond addition is important, and I think the edits I have flow a bit better, but I suppose that can be disputed.
ArcusCalion is offline   Reply With Quote