View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #152
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Leaf

When I was ten years old, which was right after The Two Towers film came out, I participated in an extremely abridged play version of The Fellowship of the Ring. I had never read FotR nor even seen the film but never the less I was chosen to play Galadriel for reasons still unknown to me. But as this was a very small production everyone was required to play two parts, my second being a nameless orc.

In order to fit my part I had to come up with a suitable costume for Galadriel; I carefully constructed myself a crown of golden aspen leaves that had a tendency fly off my head if the ribbons that held it in place came undone, something which I believe occurred at least once in the play. However this was probably not even noticed among the disorganised throngs of confused children trying to remember who was an orc and who was a member of the Fellowship (without much makeup we all looked rather alike). I also had a long purple dress fastened with a golden belt and a floaty white silk cape adorned with a tassel and beads. Canonical it was not but I remember having a wonderful time being aloof and speaking a majestic voice, I only wish I could do it again.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote