View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 05:10 PM   #345
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
On Lottie

#22 - First real post, where Lottie comes out as fairly anti-tie as regards the Day 1 lynch.

#28 - Warns against thinking a false Seer-reveal by the wolves is impossible, and also warns against trusting the dead thread implicitly. This second point isn't one I disagree with, necessarily, because everything she mentions is possible -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
I honestly had not thought of this, and it sounds really useful, but I am concerned about trusting the Dead Thread so much - what if they skew the vote? I don't think it's super likely, but all it would take is one wrong vote on the part of the Dead - maybe because of a wolf majority, maybe because of a lack of participation from the dead ordos, maybe from a misled and mistaken Dead - to deceive the whole village for, potentially, the rest of the game.
- but I'm not certain it's as dire a possibility. If we set up a complicated system for the dead to tell us if X or Y is innocent or wolvish, then it becomes more of an issue, but I'm not sure that who receives the dead thread vote is going to be... as big a deal, I guess is what I'm trying to say. It just came off as oddly doom-and-gloom for my tastes. I suppose if I were looking at it through wolf-colored glasses then it could be a Lottiewolf laying the groundwork to discredit the information coming from the dead thread because she knows it's going to be primarily innocent-based, but that's a bit of a reach.

#48 - Some math that's slightly in favor of lynching on Day 1 (or, rather, against not lynching Day 1 for reasons of having the wolves make the first move.)

#54 - More about not wanting to tie the vote, especially before the Dead thread becomes active. Also mentions that not giving the dead the power to dictate the lynch, but rather setting up a system through which they can communicate information to us, is probably the best solution. There's really nothing I disagree with here.

#196 - Most suspicious of Nog for being "conciliatory". This is really her first big suspicion of the day, and while I myself voted Nog I can't really wrap my head around this reasoning -

Quote:
Honestly, the person who jumped out at me most was Nog, who seemed to be pretty conciliatory despite being firmly planted on one side of the biggest debate of the Day.
Some help understanding this would be appreciated, because the way I read it I don't really find it that suspicious.

#202 - Would like to vote for Nog if there's a chance he'll be lynched, but is willing to vote Agan to ensure a lynch. I don't really find this that bad; I'd probably have done the same (sorry, Agan! )

#205 - Cautions Eomer against dismissing someone just because they're loud on the first day.

#220 - Votes Nog. It's clear now that she did cross with Phantom, so at the time it's assumed she was placing the second vote on Nog. It's worth noting that there was indeed a big upswing in support for voting Nog at this time; Eomer, Phantom, Sally, and myself had mentioned possibly voting for him at this point.

Next day...

#250 - Defends Sally against Morm, regarding Sally's theory on a Runewolf being picked off last night. On rereading, it does seem a bit jumpy of Morm to come out so strongly against Sally there. I may have to look at him next, time permitting. Regarding Lottie herself, she says she's suspicious of Morm here. Nothing really jumps out at me.

#260 - Speculates that it's not morm himself that's implicated by Rune being killed, but rather possibly Greenie or Form. Links Rune and morm by way of playstyle during the first day, which is an interesting connection to make; I'm not yet how relevant it is, but it's certainly one perspective.

#293 - This point -

Quote:
There are two reasons why a wolf pack might decide to kill someone in this game: a) they think the person is a Gifted, and b) they think the person was a member of the other pack - and yes, in that order, I fully acknowledge that.
- is a pretty good one, in my opinion, although I'm always a bit iffy about hard and fast rules about what wolves will and will not do in a given situation if one is not secretly a wolf themselves (). However, I tend to agree with what she says here. She also thinks here that Phantom biting the bullet last night means that it's likely neither wolfpack had a solid lead on a gifted last night; honestly I dunno if that's the case. That bit is an awful lot of speculation.

This bit, though -

Quote:
The fact that you (morm) were so quick to jump down Sally's throat for suggesting it and are so confident now about what the wolves are thinking
- strikes me as a bit hypocritical, though. Weren't you just talking in rather certain terms about why the wolves would make any particular kill? I can't decide if Lottie actually, innocently suspects Morm for this or if she's reaching for any reason to for its own sake.

#296 - Votes morm.

Thoughts:

Throughout most of this readthrough I was thinking Lottie looked pretty innocent. It wasn't until I got down to the end where I noticed a discrepancy and began to second-guess myself where she's concerned. However, I feel uncomfortable voting for her since she's already said she likely won't be back today, and I could use some clarification on one or two things she's said, so I won't necessarily be voting for her today.

Now to catch up on what's happened while I was typing that...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote