View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 10:25 PM   #202
ArcusCalion
Quentingolmo

ArcusCalion has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcusCalion View Post
Aiwendil, I was wondering, now that we have finished the first 3 chapters, are we going to continue in order? or should we get the easier chapters done quickly? I personally am inclined to the latter. If you agree, I would say we should do them thus:

1) Of Thingol and Melian
2) Of the Sindar
3) Of the Founding of Nargothrond and Gondolin
4) Of Beleriand and its Realms
5) Of the Noldor in Beleriand
6) Of Turgon and the Building of Gondolin
7) Of Maeglin
8) Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth

This concludes the easiest chapters with the least debate between Fin and me. I believe these will not present many difficulties and would be fairly easy to get through quickly. The next block would be:

9) Of Eldamar and the Princes of the Eldalie
10) Of the Flight of the Noldor
11) Of the Coming of the Noldor
12) Of the {Naugrim and the} Edain

These chapters are sightly more complex, with more additions from other places. However, they are all rather straightforward additions, with little contest. The last block is:

13) Of the Coming of the Elves
14) Of the Darkening of Valinor (all parts including Thieves' Quarrel)
15) Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of Valinor
16) Of Men

These last chapters represent the most difficult to create, with the Orcs material for 13, the Shibboleth material for 14, the LT and MT material for 15, and the LT material for 16. Of all of these, 15 will no doubt be the most complex, as it is the longest and has the most additions from the most various sources.

Thoughts?
Aiwendil, this is my previous post about the order of chapters. Even if we do not do them in this order, this is effectively their grouping by difficulty, so you can choose which you'd like to do next.
ArcusCalion is offline   Reply With Quote